Starting your new career journey – just graduated and want to stand out from crowd? What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor? A lawyer?
What was once an exciting question now suddenly fills you with dread as you find yourself leaving education and wondering, ‘what now?’ We are lucky enough to live on an Island overflowing with excellent training opportunities for school leavers and graduates. You might be a people person and would like a client facing position, or you might be a wizard with numbers and would prefer a back office role. Whatever your preference, we focus on finding out what motivates you, what your strengths are and what the best route forward is, providing you with right support and information you need before you start your new career journey.
There are many things to consider when looking for a new job, not just salary and holiday requirement but is it a good place to work? What is the culture of the company? Do they have a lot of social events? What will a typical day in your new role consist of? This is the kind of inside information we have that can really make a difference to your job search.
If the word ‘interview’ makes you begin to tremble and shake, please don’t worry; we are here to give you plenty of support along the way to help you stand out from the crowd. We can run through practice questions with you and have plenty of interview tips to help. If you are not successful the first time, don’t be disheartened, we will spend the time going through the feedback and can sit down and discuss with you how to improve for the next time.
Just like any relationship, the more you put in, the more you will get out of it. Here are some key tips to standing out from the crowd:
- Be honest – the more we know, the better we can help.
- Be proactive – don’t just sit at home watching day time TV!
- Do your research – once we have discussed the opportunities take some time to Google the jobs, the companies and find out as much as you can about the industry
- Sign up – for job alerts on our website and follow us on Facebook so you don’t miss out on the latest opportunities.
- Pick up the phone – keep in touch and let us know of any extra skills, experience or achievements you gain- you would be surprised at what impresses a prospective employer.
There are plenty of opportunities out there, the important thing is figuring out which one is for you and that is where we can help.