Enjoy a rewarding career as part of the legal department within a leading bank, where they place great importance in developing the skills of their employees in an environment that inspires and promotes innovation to drive the business forward.
Working in a forward thinking and positive environment you will be expected to provide a high quality service, contributing and assisting in the achievement of team and business objectives whilst benefiting from a highly competitive remuneration package.
In this role you will be responsible for identifying and reducing legal and reputational risk to the business by providing accurate legal advice and assistance in respect of all matters that affect the business. This will involve coordinating the provision of external legal advice in the most efficient way possible, providing legal assistance in the development of new business opportunities and effectively supporting the company secretarial function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing general legal advice to both staff members and internal committees in respect of business areas on a day-to-day basis and on specific matters such as restructuring and acquisitions
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements for the Channel Islands and Isle of Man to ensure they will be legally effective and in accordance with group policy
- Managing disputes and litigation on a day-to-day basis and working with business lines and compliance to resolve disputes in an effective manner
- Instructing external counsel when necessary and assisting in the monitoring of outsourced work to ensure external legal advice is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Advising on any changes in the law that may affect the business and ensuring that the business is continually updated and informed with regard to the law so that it does not act contrary to law
Experience and skills required:
- Professional qualification as a Solicitor or Company Secretary with at least 2 years’ experience within the financial services law area
- Experience in drafting and negotiating agreements, responding to internal and external legal requests and demands, performing legal research, instructing and overseeing work performed by external legal counsel
- Ability to undertake and also assist in managing the provision of legal advice to the company and its affiliates regarding issues affecting operations such as custodians, trusts, investments, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, bankruptcy and insolvency
- Demonstrable understanding of the legal and regulatory regime within which the company operates in the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- Keen awareness of the potential for matters to cause reputational risk to the business and the ability to reduce that risk
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
Join a leading financial services organisation offering an ambitious and innovative environment that welcomes new ways of working and embraces change, where you will collaborate with a highly professional performance and reward management team to achieve excellence for clients.
A fantastic opportunity for a bright candidate to progress their career within the finance industry, working in a leading multi-jurisdictional financial services provider with an inclusive and friendly culture.
Provide and promote a superior client experience for a rapidly growing multi-jurisdictional organisation, with an inclusive and supportive culture where you will enjoy a productive professional life, whilst being encouraged and supported to reach your full potential.
A challenging and rewarding senior level opportunity to be part of a fast-growing an innovative business, with a track record of investing in talent and a strategy based around excellence in client service, which is reflected in the various industry awards this organisation regularly attains for their innovation, client service and quality.
A fantastic entry level role within an award-winning fiduciary business offering excellent career development opportunities and a rewarding working environment, where everyone has a voice, feels happy and valued.