Senior Design Engineer | Linux
As a keen technical expert with the ability to motivate and guide other team members, you will contribute towards the overall strategic and technical ownership of Linux under the management of the clients across the globe.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the strategic and technical ownership of Linux, physical and virtual estate
- Working alongside the solutions design team, other business units and vendors in delivering and implementing low level design
- Providing costs, materials and timescales to the line manager for any necessary changes to Linux estate
- Overseeing and managing 3rd party suppliers and Linux engineering resources, providing mentorship where relevant
Experience and skills required:
- Hold relevant technical qualifications or able to obtain the qualifications within 24 months of appointment. E.g. Certified RED Hat Administrator, LPIC III, Cisco CCNA
- Extensive experience administering IT systems with an expert and in-depth understanding of Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of windows operating systems and associated open source monitoring, management, deployment and reporting tools
- Expert understanding of ISP services/protocols/network concepts
- Experience working to and contributing to company security policy compliance, as well as industry standard certification like ISO 27001
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
A reputable telecommunications provider is currently seeking a proactive individual with previous customer services experience to join their team. Within this role you will provide Call Centre support investigating and resolving fixed line faults, escalating to engineers where necessary.