Data Privacy Governance Officer
A fulfilling and rewarding career opportunity for an Information Governance/Data Protection Lead to be part of an award winning organisation, where you will be challenged to deliver excellence whilst implementing, managing and supporting all aspects of the global data protection compliance strategy and advising on legal matters surrounding data protection/privacy.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an environment which embraces and promotes technical excellence and responds to change, ensuring that the company grows with evolving trends and new developments.
As Data Privacy Governance Officer, you will provide guidance and assistance to all company jurisdictions, developing and maintaining robust information governance policies, systems and procedures. The initial focus of this position will be toward the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as being responsible for other global privacy regulations and initiatives impacting security.
Responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and assessing data protection breaches, reporting these to the regulator where required and liaising with relevant stakeholders
- Investigating the impact on the company, its clients and employees and recommending required actions
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the organisation’s information privacy practices globally
- Managing processes and performing the appropriate tasks to fulfil requests received
- Providing advice and clear guidance to the Information Security Manager to ensure the production and review of applicable data protection/privacy and information security policies and standards
Experience and skills required:
- Extensive knowledge of Data Protection Legislation, regulation and information risk as well as an understanding of system/security technology
- Certified in data protection or privacy certification
- Relevant professional qualification, such as degree in computer science, information management, business administration, information security/assurance/systems
- 5 years’ senior management experience in data protection, privacy, legal audit or compliance
- Deep knowledge of privacy regulations, data protection regulations and information governance best practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence across all business levels
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
Provide and promote a superior client experience for a rapidly growing multi-jurisdictional organisation, with an inclusive and supportive culture where you will enjoy a productive professional life, whilst being encouraged and supported to reach your full potential.
Join a friendly and inclusive client take on team within an award-winning fiduciary business offering a rewarding work environment and access to fantastic career development opportunities. You will also benefit from an open culture where everyone has a voice, feels happy and valued whilst enjoying a competitive benefits package.
A fantastic entry level role within an award-winning fiduciary business offering excellent career development opportunities and a rewarding working environment, where everyone has a voice, feels happy and valued.
A unique opportunity for a detail oriented and proactive individual with a compliance background, who enjoys taking on challenges to join an established, dynamic and innovative company that is committed to providing excellent service to their large customer base and believe in progressing employees’ careers, offering training and coaching to achieve this.
An unrivalled opportunity for a compliance professional to work in a stimulating environment within a global advisory firm, where you will support the compliance team in ensuring it complies with its regulatory obligations under the Guernsey and Jersey anti-money laundering regulations and enjoy an attractive remuneration package.