This strategic role to manage good corporate governance practices within a well established International Bank, which offers a great remuneration package and a supportive working environment, nurturing its employees to become the most skilled, innovative and creative minds in the industry, would suit a qualified Solicitor or a qualified member of the Governance Institute.
Within this role the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring there are appropriate structures, processes and documentation in place in relation to all governance practices to facilitate the effective management and functioning of the wealth team including an appropriate governance framework for all office locations, coordinating across functions to provide guidance for their respective areas.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Group Governance team to improve governance standards and processes across the organisation
- Keeping abreast of relevant changes in governance best practice
- Providing appropriate on-the-ground oversight, support and guidance on company secretarial and governance matters for stakeholders
- Maintaining legal entity structure charts, departmental manuals and providing input for FCA reporting
- Ensuring board and committee procedures are complied with in terms of their mandate
- Producing accurate and succinct minutes of all meetings attended, within agreed service levels and follow up on actions from those meetings
- Guiding the Chairman/CEO and committees on discharging their duties and responsibilities and advising of all laws, legislation and governance matters of relevance
Experience and skills required:
- Ideally a honours degree (or equivalent) in business commerce, law, financial management, business management or economics
- Experience working at a management level for at least 5 years in either risk, legal, accounting or compliance functions
- Experience working as a Company Secretary for a similar organisation
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and governance policies and procedures pertaining to the local, regional and relevant international laws
- Ability to act independently, providing guidance and training to others
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
A challenging and rewarding role where you will play a key part in the compliance team, within an entrepreneurial financial services business, ensuring the monitoring and testing is conducted periodically, as required under the compliance monitoring programme.
A newly created role in a leading offshore services provider with an outstanding reputation, where you will have the unique ability to help shape how this role will develop. The firm will demand the best from you and in return will provide the best possible training and support to help you realise your full potential, as well as a competitive salary alongside a comprehensive array of benefits.
Be part of a highly professional team who put their clients and employees at the heart of their business, developing and retaining the best talent and supporting each other to achieve their goals whilst priding themselves in delivering first-class results.
Kick-start your career in a fast moving and collaborative environment within an international provider of financial services, where you will have access to a vibrant and forward-thinking trainee development structure to develop the skills you need to progress your career ambitions.
Undertake challenging work within a high performing and collaborative team, in an innovative international wealth management business where you will be encouraged and supported to reach your full potential, whilst making a difference to the organisation and its communities.