Assistant Company Secretary | Contract
Take direct control of all company secretarial responsibilities for a portfolio of Group and client entities, in this 6-8 month opportunity within a dynamic and driven team, in an international fiduciary business. You will work in a supportive, inclusive and challenging environment, offering wide range of career growth opportunities.
Within this role you will be expected to lead and embrace change, whilst controlling and mitigating risk across the span of control, driving morale by providing support and guidance (technical and otherwise) to the business support team and the wider business.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a focus on exceeding targets and goals along with the ability to articulate what success looks like and continually seek to drive improvement in all aspects of your role, this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operating as a technical expert to provide a full company secretarial service to the organisations Jersey legal structure, its committees and subsidiaries ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirement
- Ensuring a high quality service is delivered to the Directors of the Group companies and the external companies, to ensure they are managed and controlled in line with the expected level of professionalism and corporate governance
- Liaising with the Chairman of the Board to set appropriate agendas for meetings to ensure all corporate governance matters are addressed and approved
- Organising Board meetings, preparing meeting packs and attending to take the minutes, thereafter producing detailed minutes and following up on action points
Experience and skills required:
- Experience working in a secretarial team or as a Company Secretary on entity Boards
- Proven application of professional company secretarial practice and a working knowledge of relevant company law
- Demonstrable ability to record accurate minutes and action points without supervision
- Excellent technical competence and an ability to impart that knowledge to others effectively
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment in which the Group operates
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
A challenging and rewarding role where you will play a key part in the compliance team, within an entrepreneurial financial services business, ensuring the monitoring and testing is conducted periodically, as required under the compliance monitoring programme.
A newly created role in a leading offshore services provider with an outstanding reputation, where you will have the unique ability to help shape how this role will develop. The firm will demand the best from you and in return will provide the best possible training and support to help you realise your full potential, as well as a competitive salary alongside a comprehensive array of benefits.
Be part of a highly professional team who put their clients and employees at the heart of their business, developing and retaining the best talent and supporting each other to achieve their goals whilst priding themselves in delivering first-class results.
Kick-start your career in a fast moving and collaborative environment within an international provider of financial services, where you will have access to a vibrant and forward-thinking trainee development structure to develop the skills you need to progress your career ambitions.
Undertake challenging work within a high performing and collaborative team, in an innovative international wealth management business where you will be encouraged and supported to reach your full potential, whilst making a difference to the organisation and its communities.