Accounting Services Manager
A challenging and rewarding career opportunity to be part of a fast-growing an innovative law firm, with a track record of investing in talent and a strategy based around excellence in client service.
Offering more than just a competitive salary, you will also benefit from an open culture, where everyone has a voice and is valued and recognised for their dedication and commitment.
Working at the heart of this international organisation, you will play an integral role in leading the accounting services team, whilst having the opportunity to grow and develop the accounting services service line, to cover the Channel Islands.
If you are a qualified Accountant with good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and financial reporting requirements, with previous management experience where you have directly managed individuals within a team, this could be the ideal role for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting regularly with the outsourced accounting provider to ensure adherence to contractual obligations and client specific key performance indicators
- Continually focusing on the development of the internal accounting software system and working closely with software consultants to exploit full system potential
- Undertaking quality control reviews of outsourced accounting provider outputs
- Acting as the main liaison between the outsourced accounting provider, fee earners and clients
- Preparation of management accounts and financial statements for a small portfolio of 'in-house' clients
- Supporting the fee proposal process for new business and attending meetings with prospective clients
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of client specific accounting procedures for the in-house accounting system, including preparation of the chart of accounts for various entity types e.g. companies, trusts, limited partnerships, cell companies
- Preparing and maintaining the templates of IFRS and UK GAAP financial statements and related notes for in-house accounting outputs
- Working with senior management to provide accounting services to other jurisdictions
Experience and skills required:
- Hold a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, ICAS) and demonstrable post qualification experience to support this
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, financial reporting requirements and audit approaches
- Direct experience in preparing financials statements to UK GAAP and IFRS standard, any practical experience of US GAAP and IFRS GAAP would be an advantage
- Ability to prepare client management information to client requirements
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the local finance industry, legislation and regulatory requirements
- Previous people management and leadership skills
- Understanding of the financial reporting requirements for corporate, real estate and private wealth clients
- A good knowledge of local tax requirements in respect of economic substance and tax compliance
- Familiarity with the UK tax reporting environment and ideally experience with the preparation of UK tax returns (corporation, NRL, VAT, ATED etc.)
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
Be part of a market-leading legal organisation, where you will manage the day-to-day running of the finance function for the region, working alongside the Managing Partners for Jersey and Guernsey.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Trust Officer or Senior Trust Officer to join a dynamic and modern financial services company.
Start your career as a Trainee Fund Accountant, working within a dynamic and fast growing team, where you will support the accounting team and build your knowledge and capability of the day-to-day accounting duties.
An independent financial services organisation offering a decisive and dynamic environment, is seeking a Client Bookkeeper to assist with ensuring all bookkeeping information is collected and input from all client-facing departments in a timely and accurate manner.
A great place to kick-start your career within trust, a modern and dynamic financial services organisation is seeking a Trainee Trust Administrator to join their professional and friendly team.