Hosting Infrastructure Services Engineer
You will design, install, administer and optimise Intel based servers and storage components, participating in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Responding and resolving issues with server and storage infrastructure
- Monitoring and predicting trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency and reliability
- Leading the planning and implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor supplied patches
- Participating in the on-call out of hours support process
- Acting as a technical lead on projects to transform the existing infrastructure into a private cloud
- Designing and implementing policies, procedures and technologies
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- 4+ years equivalent work experience in a technical position, responsible for managing server/storage infrastructure and operations
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows server OS (2003=) and VMWare vSphere ESXi 5.5/6.0. VMWare VCP 6.0 Certification is desirable
- Advanced knowledge of installing, configuring and maintaining HP Proliant series servers and blade systems, including HP Management software SIM and SUM
If you’d like to find out more information about this opportunity, please call us on 01534 626777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at all times.
In this role you will be providing initial support for a large scale project alongside wider support on software and applications. You will have a passion for working in a forward thinking environment and look forward to a digital future, working with senior teams.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to work under their own initiative providing 2nd and 3rd line support to a growing customer base. You will need to be confident in your use of IT and have sound communication skills, as well as being able to demonstrate a commitment to the highest levels of client service.