Employee wellbeing is a vital component of a healthy workplace, improving employee engagement, job satisfaction, productivity and happiness. An effective employee engagement strategy can enable a business to run more effectively as employees work together better and bring greater innovation to their projects.
Employers who do not take notice of employee engagement are likely to experience a higher rate of sickness absence and also turnover.
How can employers can boost engagement?
- Offer training on top of on-the-job style learning and shadowing of existing staff – this can be specifically related to their job area or more general training to improve skills such as resilience
- Create a positive culture – team building activities and social events encourage different teams to interact and help to strengthen relationships
- Offer ongoing development and training – pay attention to each employees individual goals and needs
- Ensure good management – recognise employees efforts and provide constructive feedback
- Provide flexible working conditions